Young European Socialists YES ,formerly ECOSY (European Community Organisation of Socialist Youth) is the umbrella organisation for socialist and social democratic youth in Europe.
YES gathers Socialist and Social Democratic youth movements of the European Union, Central and Eastern Europe and of the Mediterranean countries. It was founded in November 1992 in The Hague, Netherlands.
Currently YES unites 63 youth organisations from 47 countries to advocate for socialist and social democratic values in the European institutions, as well as facilitate the exchange of ideas between our members.
The aims of YES are:
– To promote and contribute to the socialist and social democratic values;
– To contribute towards the construction of a democratic European state;
– To defend the interests of the youth in the EU;
– To integrate the member organisations on the European level;
– To promote European citizenship amongst progressive young people in Europe.
Since 1992, YES organises thematic seminars as well as annual Winter Universities and Summer Camps, which are accessible to all individual members. YES is the recognised youth structure of the Party of European Socialists and the S&D Group in the European Parliament.
YES current elected officials:
YES President :
YES Head of Office