The Party of European Socialists (PES) is a European political party, which brings together Socialist, Social Democratic, Democratic and Labour Parties of the European Union. There are 32 full member parties from the 28 EU member and Norway. In addition, there are eleven associate and ten observer parties. Our office is based in Brussels.
The Project Assistant will support the process of planning and developing of two upcoming projects: the 13th Congress of Youth Organizations (April 2017) and Summer Festival (July 2017), as well assist in the day-to-day administrative support and campaigns (such as Act for Youth Plan).
The Project Assistant works in the PES Secretariat in Brussels (Belgium).
Travel in Europe and occasional travel in the Mediterranean region and globally are required in the fulfilment of their tasks.
Perform general administrative and office support activities.
Duties may include fielding telephone calls, screening and answering correspondence, drafting and sending invitations, creating and updating of mailing lists, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets, presentations, and filing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
– experience working with non-profit, voluntary-based organizations
– experience organizing mid- to large-scale events (200-2000 participants)
– ability to multitask and improvise solutions to immediate problems
– good working knowledge of the socialist and social democratic political family, especially at the European level
– good and proven political sensitivity
– Providing administrative and office support;
– Managing the common calendar
– Preparing and revising general correspondence, invitations, meeting agenda;
– Create and update mailing lists;
– Refreshments, room set-up and expense claims;
– Organizing and maintaining an accurate and efficient filing system.
– A high level of organizational and time management skills;
– Excellent English and at least two other European or Mediterranean languages
– Positive can-do and flexible attitude utilizing integrity and discretion;
– A good command of office IT skills.
How to apply:
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV attached before
20 January 2017 to your email to the attention of the HR Department via: email@example.com
Please mention the following in the subject field of your e-mail: Project Assistant Youth Activities.
The position is on a full-time basis, working from the PES Secretariat in Brussels for a period of 6 months starting 1st March 2017.
The interviews will take place in the second week of February 2017.
The PES promotes gender balance and equal opportunities for women and men
Here the pdf file: PES Project Assistant